Rescue!® W·H·Y® Trap for Wasps, Hornets & Yellowjackets
Product DescriptionWhat it Catches
The W·H·Y® Trap has two chambers and three attractants to catch 19 different species of insects. The top chamber is baited with two attractants -- one of which is a solid contained in a vial, and the other a liquid mixed with water. The bottom chamber is baited with a liquid attractant poured onto a cotton pad. Wasps, hornets and yellowjackets have two ways to enter: either through the top cap, or through the holes in the bottom cap.
Unique Features & Benefits
- Double-chambered design restricts insects from escaping
- Durable construction holds up for multiple seasons
- Attractant will not lure beneficial honeybees
- Catches workers from summer through fall
- Catches queens in spring before they build nests
- First and only trap to capture Paper Wasps, Bald-faced Hornets and European Hornets
- Two-week attractant kit included
- Attractant refills available
- No extra food bait required
Once inside the trap, the insects cannot fly out and die either by drowning (top chamber) or dehydration (bottom chamber).
The RESCUE!® W·H·Y® Trap can be used outdoors wherever there is a paper wasp, hornet or yellowjacket problem. We recommend the trap be placed at least 20 feet away from an outdoor activity area, such as a patio or deck. Generally speaking, the W·H·Y® Trap will capture more paper wasps near a house structure, and more hornets and yellowjackets near a natural setting of bushes and trees. It can be highly effective to place multiple traps around the perimeter of a yard or area where insects are entering. The trap should also be placed at least 20 feet away from a known yellowjacket nest.